Subjectopening linux char device file in user thread.

hai,

I have written a daemon which is running in user space, will send some
data periodically to kernel space. This I have done with the help of a
device file.

It is working, but I want to apply threads mechanism in that daemon. But
when I split that daemon functionality into a thread and a original
process. I am unable to
open the device file. This is happening in both places(either in thread or
original process).

The device is opening when threading is not there.

Can anybody suggest me?

Regards,
P.Manohar.

  Last update: 2005-08-04 09:52    [W:0.039 / U:0.808 seconds]