    Subject[RFC] Move InfiniBand .h files
    I would like to get people's reactions to moving the InfiniBand .h
    files from their current location in drivers/infiniband/include/ to
    include/linux/rdma/. If we agree that this is a good idea then I'll
    push this change as soon as 2.6.14 starts.

    The advantages of doing this are:

    - The headers become more easily accessible to other parts of the
    tree that might want to use IB support. For example, an NFS/RDMA
    client probably wants to live under fs/
    - It makes it easier to build IB modules outside the tree, since
    include/linux gets put in /lib/modules/<ver>/build. I realize
    that we don't really care about out-of-tree modules, but it is
    convenient to be able to develop and distribute new drivers that
    build against someone's existing kernels.
    - We can kill off the ugly

    EXTRA_CFLAGS += -Idrivers/infiniband/include

    lines in our Makefiles.

    The disadvantages are:

    - It's churn with little technical merit.
    - It makes it a little harder to pull the OpenIB svn tree into a
    kernel tree, since one would have to link both drivers/infiniband
    and include/linux/rdma instead of just drivers/infiniband. This
    problem goes away if/when OpenIB shifts over to a new source code
    control system.

      Last update: 2005-08-04 19:40    [W:0.032 / U:12.972 seconds]