    SubjectRe: Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem?
    On Thursday 04 August 2005 04:25, tvrtko.ursulin@sophos.com wrote:
    >On 03/08/2005 17:03:04 linux-kernel-owner wrote:
    >>Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem in the Linux kernel?
    >
    >It probably won't help you much, but I had the same problem few
    > months ago. There was a bug in smbfs which I tried to discuss with
    > someone, and after failing to contact the maintainer, I sent the
    > fix to Linus. I don't think even he managed to get a response from
    > Urban or someone else. The fix went in so I stopped chasing it.
    >
    >So it looks like smbfs is not maintained.

    I thought that originally was Andrew Tridgels output?

    I'm having problems with it too, but only on a deb3.1 system. I
    looked in Borders yesterday, but couldn't find a 'samba for dummies'
    or similar publication.

    The question then is: Where might there be a decent publication
    describing samba and how to make it work? Dead tree, pdf equally
    welcome here.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2005-08-04 17:05    [W:0.021 / U:91.912 seconds]