SubjectRe: Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem?
On Thursday 04 August 2005 04:25, wrote:
>On 03/08/2005 17:03:04 linux-kernel-owner wrote:
>>Is anyone maintaining the smb filesystem in the Linux kernel?
>It probably won't help you much, but I had the same problem few
> months ago. There was a bug in smbfs which I tried to discuss with
> someone, and after failing to contact the maintainer, I sent the
> fix to Linus. I don't think even he managed to get a response from
> Urban or someone else. The fix went in so I stopped chasing it.
>So it looks like smbfs is not maintained.

I thought that originally was Andrew Tridgels output?

I'm having problems with it too, but only on a deb3.1 system. I
looked in Borders yesterday, but couldn't find a 'samba for dummies'
or similar publication.

The question then is: Where might there be a decent publication
describing samba and how to make it work? Dead tree, pdf equally
welcome here.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
99.35% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
message by Gene Heskett are:

  Last update: 2005-08-04 17:05    [W:0.042 / U:0.592 seconds]