SubjectRe: serial port multiplexing
On Wed, 2005-08-31 11:10:48 +0100, Russell King <rmk+lkml@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 01:20:45PM +0100, Rahul Tank wrote:
> > I am a newbee tryinging for serial port
> > multiplexing. Currently my driver supports for one
> > port
> > (/dev/ttyS0). However i want to use the same physical
> > port for 2 virtual ports.I am NOT sending two type of
> > data simultaneously. I want to first reigister my
> > driver for /dev/ttyS0. When the kernel has booted ,i
> > want to disable it. Then i want to enable the driver
> > to register for say /dev/ttyS1.
> > in short i don't want the console to have controle
> > over the serial port.
>
> Try setting the kernel message level to zero after boot. That
> will prevent the kernel from displaying any further messages to
> that serial port, except when a serious problem (eg, oops) occurs.

Alternatively, IIRC one of the printk-nullifying patches were taken
some time ago. You should be able to eleminate any printk()s through
kernel configuration in the embedded menu.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O

  Last update: 2005-08-31 12:18    [W:0.053 / U:3.100 seconds]