SubjectRe: Very strange Marvell/Yukon Gigabit NIC networking problems
Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> You have a version of the Marvell Yukon that was affected
> by a fix in 2.6.13.
> skge addr 0xfeaf8000 irq 19 chip Yukon-Lite rev 9
>
> Both the skge and sk98lin driver were fixed to check for this.
> Without the fix, the chip will be in the wrong power mode.
>
> The version of sk98lin driver from SysKonnect already had the
> fix, so if your distro used that one, it would have the reset
> the power mode as needed.

So, am I right in saying we can't do anything in skge to work around this to
allow those older buggy drivers to work on the next reboot? More reports are
cropping up, e.g.:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-375828.html

Given that it seems to be affecting the Windows drivers too, it would be great
if something could be done.

Thanks,
Daniel

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans