SubjectRe: FW: [RFC] A more general timeout specification
Joe Korty wrote:

> The returned timeout struct has a bit used to mark the value as absolute. Thus
> the caller treats the returned timeout as a opaque cookie that can be
> reapplied to the next (or more likely, the to-be restarted) timeout.

Okay, endtime is always absolute value of when it should have expired.
But I think I see a problem with the opaque cookie scheme and repeating
timeouts.

Suppose I want to wake my application at INTERVAL nanoseconds from now
on the MONOTONIC clock, then again every INTERVAL nanoseconds after that.

How do I do that with this API?

I can get the first sleep. Suppose I oversleep by X nanoseconds. I
wake, and get an opaque timeout back. How do I ask for the new wake
time to be "endtime + INTERVAL"?

Chris

  Last update: 2005-09-01 00:09    [W:0.128 / U:0.116 seconds]