    SubjectVery strange Marvell/Yukon Gigabit NIC networking problems

    Hi all,

    Ok it sound wierd enough to assume that the latest
    kernel 2.6.13 ethernet driver has done something wrong
    with the NIC and sustain the condition after reboot or
    turn off the machine.

    Here is my configuration.

    Laptop Asus A4500d. dmesg shows:

    eth0: Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter

    It is working as normal with 2.6.12 and winXP before.
    Today I did upgrade the kernel to 2.6.13 and it still
    works. The problem is now I switch to the older kernel
    that is and .6 it no longer works. dmesg
    shows like this:

    eth0: Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter
    PrefPort:A RlmtMode:Check Link State

    Boot window XP now, and the link always shows that
    media disconnected. So the NIC is unuseable with
    WinXP, 2.6.12 __but__ still works with 2.6.13. and
    power off the machine does not restore the NIC.

    Now of course I am forced to use not only linux but
    version 2.6.13 :-) in order to have the NIC working!
    Unfortuneately the HSF module with 2.6.13 is not
    working because of unresolve symbol so the modem is
    dead (I rarely usemodem anyway)

    Please help me to recover my NIC back as normal. Thank
    you very much indeed. If any other information is
    needed pls ask.

      Last update: 2005-08-30 11:02    [W:0.026 / U:124.116 seconds]