SubjectRe: KLive: Linux Kernel Live Usage Monitor
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> During the Kernel Summit somebody raised the point that it's not clear
> how much testing each rc/pre/git kernel gets before the final release.

Generally this is a good idea to track the usage/testing time of different
versions.

> In theory we could get rid of the client entirely and make it a kernel
> config option, but I've no idea if this project is useful, so I don't
> want to spend too much time on it at this point.

The idea isn't bad but lots of people could think that this is some kind
of home-phoning or spy software. I guess lots of people would turn this
feature off...and of course you can't enable it by default. But combined
with an automatic oops/panic/bug-report this would be _very_ useful I think.

Let's see what others say about it.

Sven

  Last update: 2005-08-30 10:06    [W:0.099 / U:1.996 seconds]