    SubjectRe: KLive: Linux Kernel Live Usage Monitor
    On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 06:11:26PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
    > the system, like load. A week running while I was on vacation doesn't
    > test much, a week running on a loaded server tests other things.

    btw, I thought about adding the load average too but it wasn't really
    interesting, since sometime a server is stressed a lot for a few minutes
    and then goes back to idle mode. A kernel bug will not necessairly
    trigger because some app is I/O bound all the time. Certainly more load
    is a factor that increases the probability of bugs and race conditions
    though, it's just not obvious how to assign a 0/100% score to a certain
    KLive "session".

    > The use will depend on how easy it is to install, patch and build isn't
    > easy. Crontab is. And I bet developers would be interested in how long

    crontab really is easy and standard, crontab seems actually the only way I
    could really write the few liner autoinstall script.

      Last update: 2005-08-31 03:53    [W:5.152 / U:0.028 seconds]