    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Re: Fw: ati-remote strangeness from 2.6.12 onwards
    > mdew wrote:
    > > mapped to "p". I found the TV Button, The DVD Button, the CH-/+ and
    > > the OK Button all non-working, every other button produced the "p".
    >
    > Could you please try 'showkey -s' from a console on all of those keys?

    Without my patch, nothing shows up when pressing OK, TV and DVD, in showkey -s

    # with my patch
    mediabawx2:~# showkey -s
    kb mode was XLATE

    press any key (program terminates after 10s of last keypress)...
    0x1c 0x9c - OK
    0xe0 0x1f 0xe0 0x9f - TV
    0xe0 0x17 0xe0 0x97 - DVD

    > Pavel: I would think that 'more useful' is not really the same as
    > 'correct'. If you find it useful to map this key to 'ENTER', so you
    > should remap it in userspace. It should not be KEY_ENTER in the kernel
    > for at least two reasons:
    >
    > - The key is labled 'ok' (and not enter). I assume the code KEY_OK is
    > made for exactly that kind of key and certain applications might
    > look for exactly this code.
    > - You might want to differentiate between this key and the ENTER key
    > of your keyboard, at least I do. If the kernel is sending the same
    > code for both keys, this is not possible in userspace.
    >
    > Frank

      Last update: 2005-08-04 03:19    [W:0.035 / U:58.856 seconds]