SubjectKLive: Linux Kernel Live Usage Monitor
Hello,

During the Kernel Summit somebody raised the point that it's not clear
how much testing each rc/pre/git kernel gets before the final release.

So I setup a server to track automatically the amount of testing that
each kernel gets. Clearly this will be a very rough approximation and it
can't be reliable, but perhaps it'll be useful. If this won't be useful,
the time I spent on it is very minor so no problem ;).

All the details can be found in the project website:

http://klive.cpushare.com/

Full source (server included) is here:

http://klive.cpushare.com/downloads/klive-0.0.tar.bz2

To run the client:

wget http://klive.cpushare.com/klive.tac

Then at every boot (like in /etc/init.d/boot.local):

twistd -oy klive.tac

In theory we could get rid of the client entirely and make it a kernel
config option, but I've no idea if this project is useful, so I don't
want to spend too much time on it at this point.

Thank you.

  Last update: 2005-08-30 05:12    [W:0.737 / U:1.132 seconds]