SubjectRe: [patch] IBM HDAPS accelerometer driver.
On 8/26/05, Dmitry Torokhov <> wrote:
> On 8/26/05, Robert Love <> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 14:27 -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> >
> > > What this completion is used for? I don't see any other references to it.
> >
> > It was the start of the release() routine, but I decided to move to
> > platform_device_register_simple() and use its release, instead. So this
> > is gone now in my tree.
> >
> > > I'd rather you used absolute coordinates and set up
> > > hdaps_idev->absfuzz to do the filtering.
> >
> > Me too.
> >
> Btw, if you set up absolute input device it will be claimed by joydev
> instead of mousedev and will not get in a way of normal operation
> while still available for playing. So you could just kill all that
> enabling/disabling code and have input device always activated.

Even easier - I submitted a patch a while back against the old hdaps
driver (on hdaps-devel) to use the hdaps sensor's keyboard/mouse
activity readings to selectively disable/enable the mouse (and
re-enable it after a time of no keyboard/mouse activity). This makes
the mouse device much more usable, and you don't end up fighting it
while trying to use the normal mouse/keyboard.