    SubjectRe: [patch] IBM HDAPS accelerometer driver.
    On 8/26/05, Dmitry Torokhov <> wrote:
    > On 8/26/05, Robert Love <> wrote:
    > > On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 14:27 -0500, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    > >
    > > > What this completion is used for? I don't see any other references to it.
    > >
    > > It was the start of the release() routine, but I decided to move to
    > > platform_device_register_simple() and use its release, instead. So this
    > > is gone now in my tree.
    > >
    > > > I'd rather you used absolute coordinates and set up
    > > > hdaps_idev->absfuzz to do the filtering.
    > >
    > > Me too.
    > >
    > Btw, if you set up absolute input device it will be claimed by joydev
    > instead of mousedev and will not get in a way of normal operation
    > while still available for playing. So you could just kill all that
    > enabling/disabling code and have input device always activated.

    Even easier - I submitted a patch a while back against the old hdaps
    driver (on hdaps-devel) to use the hdaps sensor's keyboard/mouse
    activity readings to selectively disable/enable the mouse (and
    re-enable it after a time of no keyboard/mouse activity). This makes
    the mouse device much more usable, and you don't end up fighting it
    while trying to use the normal mouse/keyboard.

      Last update: 2005-08-28 13:05    [W:0.032 / U:10.064 seconds]