SubjectRe: when or where can the case occur in "linux kernel development " about "kernel preemption"?
Sat. wrote:
> the case about kernel preemption as follow :
>
> the book said "when a process that has a higher priority than the
> currenty running process is awakened ".
>
> but I can think about when such case can occur , could you give me an example ?

There may be others, but one common case is when a hardware interrupt
causes the higher priority process to become runnable. Some examples of
this would be a network packet arriving, or the expiry of a hardware timer.

Chris

  Last update: 2005-08-26 18:43    [W:0.041 / U:1.004 seconds]