SubjectRe: 2.6.12 Performance problems
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:06:51AM -0700, Danial Thom wrote:
> I don't think I'm obligated to answer every
> single person who pipes into a thread. People who
> say "show me your config and dmesg" are not
> useful. Linux has long had a philisophical
> problem of dropping packets as a "performance
> feature", and we've already established I think
> that you can't eliminate it altogether, if you
> read the thread carefully.

You say you have observed for a long time a problem.

The only person participating in this thread who is one of the
networking maintainers is Patrick McHardy.

Did _he_ say this was a known and unfixable problem?

He wanted to help you and you pissed him off because you refuxed to give
him dmesg, .config and other information that would have helped him to
debug your problem. If you don't feel obliged to help the persons
responsible for the part of the kernel you have a problem with to debug
your problem your whole initial mail was pointless.

> DT

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.