From: linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org [mailto:linux-kernel-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Sushant Sharma
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 10:52 AM
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Hardware Perfromance Counters

Hello everyone,
The system I am working on is a single processor Athlon. In the kernel I need to detect a cache miss (L1/L2) and trigger an event/function (inside the kernel). Now we have performance counters for detecting/counting cache misses. Among the various tools/patches available for accessing performance counters, which one do you guys recommend. Or do you think it would be easy to write code for this myself, as i just need this one event detection. Can you give some links where one can read about programming performance counters or some book on it.

Thanks a lot.
please cc reply to me too.

--

Sushant Sharma