SubjectHardware Perfromance Counters
Hello everyone,
The system I am working on is a single processor Athlon. In the kernel I
need to detect a cache miss (L1/L2) and trigger an event/function
(inside the kernel). Now we have performance counters for
detecting/counting cache misses. Among the various tools/patches
available for accessing performance counters, which one do you guys
recommend. Or do you think it would be easy to write code for this
myself, as i just need this one event detection. Can you give some links
where one can read about programming performance counters or some book
on it.

Thanks a lot.
please cc reply to me too.

--