SubjectRe: [patch] suspend: update warnings

> > - DRI being used in X where the drivers don't properly support
> > suspend/resume (NVidia esp)
> NVidias driver is not support and a copyright violation of the
> copyrights of many of use. It's never supported so please don't
> mention it.

Unfortunately, it is quite common out there. I need to somehow keep
those bug reports off my mailbox.

Okay, this should be enough:

Q: What information is usefull for debugging suspend-to-disk problems?

A: Well, last messages on the screen are always useful. If something
is broken, it is usually some kernel driver, therefore trying with as
little as possible modules loaded helps a lot. I also prefer people to
suspend from console, preferably without X running. Booting with
init=/bin/bash, then swapon and starting suspend sequence manually
usually does the trick. Then it is good idea to try with latest
vanilla kernel.

"Known problematic" modules are; be sure to unload them before
- DRI being used (3D acceleration)
- Firewire

if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address

  Last update: 2005-08-23 15:03    [W:0.066 / U:2.480 seconds]