    SubjectRe: kernel module seg fault

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, manomugdha biswas wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have written a kernel module and I can load (insmod)
    > it without any error. But when i run my module it gets
    > seg fault at interruptible_sleep_on_timeout();
    > I have used this function in the following way:
    > init_waitqueue_head(&wq);
    > interruptible_sleep_on_timeout(&wq, 2);
    > I am using redhat version 9.0 and kernel version
    > 2.4.20-8.
    > Could you please give some light on this issue?
    > Manomugdha Biswas

    "seg fault"?? You meen you get a kernel panic? Please
    show us what it says. Note you can't sleep with a spin-lock

    Dick Johnson
    Penguin : Linux version on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
    Warning : 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.
    I apologize for the following. I tried to kill it with the above dot :

    The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by sending an email to - and destroy all copies of this information, including any attachments, without reading or disclosing them.

    Thank you.

      Last update: 2005-08-23 13:16    [W:0.021 / U:10.404 seconds]