SubjectRe: New maintainer needed for the Linux smb filesystem
Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> writes:

> Since Urban Widmark was not active for some time, and I didn't have any
> success trying to reach him, it seems we need a new maintainer for the
> smb filesystem in the Linux kernel.
>
> Is there anyone who both feels qualified and wants to become the new
> maintainer?

One way would be to just deprecate and later drop it and let people
use cifs instead which is maintained. It only doesn't work with
some extremly old smb servers which are probably not very numerous
anymore.

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-08-21 23:01    [W:0.038 / U:0.180 seconds]