    SubjectRe: [patch] i386 dynamic ticks 2.6.13-rc4 (code reordered)
    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 02:43 pm, Con Kolivas wrote:
    > This has slightly more build fixes than the last one I posted and boots and
    > runs fine on my laptop. So far at absolute idle it appears this pentiumM
    > 1.7 is claiming to have _25%_ more battery life. I'll need to investigate
    > further to see the real power savings.

    As a crude data point of idle system running a full kde desktop environment on
    powersave with minimal backlight and just chatting on IRC I find it's just
    under 10% battery life difference. I have confirmed in the past the accuracy
    of the remaining capacity exported by the battery and the time to complete
    discharge. This saving is similar in magnitude to the 1000->100Hz savings of
    7% mentioned on other threads. While nothing like the 25% initially suggested
    it is still significant. Anyone with a more accurate means of testing this

      Last update: 2005-08-02 07:51    [W:0.025 / U:4.352 seconds]