SubjectRe: lost ticks and Hangcheck
On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 17:22 -0700, Nathan Becker wrote:
> > I use the no_timer_check kernel parm and that keeps the clock from
> > running at double speed. I still see some other annoying boot-time
>
> As I mentioned, no_timer_check doesn't fix it for me. In fact it makes
> the problem significantly worse. I tried it again just to be sure. Also
> I tried noapic again and it doesn't help either.
>
> I found there was an upgrade to the NVIDIA graphics driver that addressed
> a clock issue (I don't know if it's related to my problem). I upgraded
> from version 7667 to 7676. That seemed to help a little bit, at least in
> prolonging the amount of time I could reasonably use the system. Someone
> in another thread mentioned that they thought this problem might be caused
> by something in x.org, which I am using.

Please make sure this issue is reproducible without any binary only
drivers.

> Any other ideas or patches would be much appreciated.

If it happens w/o binary only drivers, could you open a bug at
bugzilla.kernel.org and provide full dmesg output?

Also check bug #3341 to see if it is at all similar to what you are
seeing.

thanks
-john

  Last update: 2005-08-20 02:37    [W:0.036 / U:1.564 seconds]