    SubjectRe: Kernel bug: Bad page state: related to generic symlink code and mmap
    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > >
    > > - document this as a fundamental fact, and apply the ncpfs patch. Local
    > > filesystems can still continue to use the generic helper functions
    > > (all other users _are_ local filesystems).
    >
    > Actually, looking at the ncpfs patch, I'd rather not apply that patch
    > as-is. It looks like it will totally disable symlink caching, which would
    > be kind of sad. Somebody willing to do the same thing NFS does?

    It does disable link caching. But I didn't make this up. This is exactly
    what smbfs uses. I just copied smbfs given ncpfs copies almost everything
    smbfs does anyway...

    Best regards,

    Anton
    Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
    WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ & http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/