SubjectRe: Kernel bug: Bad page state: related to generic symlink code and mmap
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >
> > - document this as a fundamental fact, and apply the ncpfs patch. Local
> > filesystems can still continue to use the generic helper functions
> > (all other users _are_ local filesystems).
> Actually, looking at the ncpfs patch, I'd rather not apply that patch
> as-is. It looks like it will totally disable symlink caching, which would
> be kind of sad. Somebody willing to do the same thing NFS does?

It does disable link caching. But I didn't make this up. This is exactly
what smbfs uses. I just copied smbfs given ncpfs copies almost everything
smbfs does anyway...

Best regards,

Anton Altaparmakov <aia21 at> (replace at with @)
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on
WWW: &

  Last update: 2005-08-19 22:49    [W:0.063 / U:5.236 seconds]