SubjectRe: rc6 keeps hanging and blanking displays
Dave Airlie wrote:

>>Seems like it died trying to perform int10 initialization?
>>

>I'm still pointing towards that assign pci resources patch from Gregs
>tree that I mentioned earlier..

git is completely new to me - is there a git-specific way to get this
patch, or should I download it the usual way from somewhere?

>the fact that disabling the DRM stops things from working is really
>bad, maybe the pci_enable_device in the DRM is setting up the devices,
>whereas without it X tries and fails...

That was strange, sure. Could be a different bug too.

>>I can try running the radeon xserver only, as the vga console is on the matrox
>>card.
>>

>I'm running low on ideas, I'm also having a hard time tracking what is
>actually happening, the MGA bugs I've tracked are related to that
>assign pci resources patch, and I really can't see what is happening
>if the DRM isn't in the mix..
>
>If you build a working kernel (i.e. like 2.6.13 without DRM) does it
>hang similarly?

2.6.13 isn't released, so I assume you meant some earlier kernel?
I'll see if I can get a drm-less kernel running.

Helge Hafting

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans