SubjectRe: HDAPS, Need to park the head for real
On Tue, Aug 16 2005, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 22:07 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 16 2005, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:
> > If I were in your position, I would just implement this for ide (pata,
> > not sata) right now, since that is what you need to support (or do some
> > of these notebooks come with sata?). So it follows that you add an ide
>
> Some notebooks are coming up with a Sata controller I think, but is
> still and IDE drive. I think some T43's come with that.
>
> But, I will ask or check again later if we ever need this feature for
> SATA.

Doing it for sata as well is just a little more work. The generic code
is the same, but you probably need to add a per-queue hook for filling
the request with the proper command setup. For ide that would be a
REQ_DRIVE_TASKFILE, for libata you need to look at the pass through
stuff. Everything else still applies.

You're welcome,
--
Jens Axboe