    SubjectRe: HDAPS, Need to park the head for real
    On Tue, Aug 16 2005, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:
    > On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 22:07 +0200, Jens Axboe wrote:
    > > On Tue, Aug 16 2005, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:
    > > If I were in your position, I would just implement this for ide (pata,
    > > not sata) right now, since that is what you need to support (or do some
    > > of these notebooks come with sata?). So it follows that you add an ide
    >
    > Some notebooks are coming up with a Sata controller I think, but is
    > still and IDE drive. I think some T43's come with that.
    >
    > But, I will ask or check again later if we ever need this feature for
    > SATA.

    Doing it for sata as well is just a little more work. The generic code
    is the same, but you probably need to add a per-queue hook for filling
    the request with the proper command setup. For ide that would be a
    REQ_DRIVE_TASKFILE, for libata you need to look at the pass through
    stuff. Everything else still applies.

    You're welcome,
    --
    Jens Axboe