    SubjectRe: IT8212/ITE RAID
    On Sul, 2005-08-14 at 17:56 +0200, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
    > * your stuff was accepted after all (and some stuff like ide-cd
    > fixes was never splitted from the -ac patchset and submitted)

    They were.

    > * you've never provided any technical details on "the stuff I broke"

    I did, several times. I had some detailed locking discussions with
    Manfred and others on it as a result. The locking in the base IDE is
    still broken, in fact its become worse - the random locking around
    timing changes now causes some PIIX users to see double spinlock debug
    with the base kernel as an example.

    > > Would make sense, but I thought I had the right bits masked. Will take a
    > WIN_RESTORE is send unconditionally (as it always was),
    > This is not the right thing, somebody should go over all ATA/ATAPI
    > drafts and come with the correct strategy of handling WIN_RESTORE.

    Ok that would make sense. Matthew Garrett also reported some problems in
    that area with suspend/resume (BIOS restoring its idea of things...)

      Last update: 2005-08-14 22:49    [W:0.021 / U:15.912 seconds]