    Vladimir V. Saveliev wrote:
    > Hello
    > Jan Kara wrote:
    >>> Tried the attached patch but it changed nothing, I trying to create
    >>> a new file as a user whose quota grace time has ran out will still
    >>> cause everything accessing the users homedir (the one with the quota)
    >>> to hang in D state.
    >>> Also note that the bug I reported only exists when acl is also
    >>> enabled (does not have to be used). And although my kernel is not
    >>> built with debug (or reiserfs debug) support, I don't get any
    >>> oopses or reiserfs errors.. it just hangs.
    > It looks like the problem is that reiserfs_new_inode can be called
    > either having xattrs locked or not.
    > It does unlocking/locking xattrs on error handling path, but has no idea
    > about whether
    > xattrs are locked of not.
    > The attached patch seems to fix the problem.
    > I am not sure whether it is correct way to fix this problem, though.

    Does this patch actually fix it? It shouldn't.

    The logic is like this: If a default ACL is associated with the parent
    when the inode is created, xattrs will be locked so that the ACL can be
    inherited. Since reiserfs_new_inode is called from the VFS layer with
    inode->i_sem downed, {set,remove}xattr is locked out. The default ACL
    can't be removed/added/changed while reiserfs_new_inode is running.
    Therefore, if there is a default ACL, xattrs must be locked.

    - -Jeff

    - --
    Jeff Mahoney
    SuSE Labs
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-08-12 17:13    [W:0.021 / U:40.804 seconds]