SubjectRe: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII
From
Jeff Garzik schrieb:

> Michael Thonke wrote:
>
>> I have a ASUS A8V Deluxe too, and can't use the AMD X2 processor on
>> it...this is a feature..right?
>> Supposed to run with DualCore but don't post..hm.
>

> What does ASUS say about this? You can't just plug a new processor
> into an old motherboard and expect it to work, generally.

Hello Jeff,

No they don't like AMD x2 DualCore cpus. ASUS is not interesseted in the
bugs I found...Silicon Image helped me to get Samsung SATA II drivers
working on the Sil3132 chip and gave me a update/firmware. But ASUS
...what should I say? They say no problem encountered by us so
far...don't use linux...and thorw off the phone..while you want to
talk..*sigh*

>> My SATA II devices. Get not regonized from the VIA SATA
>> controller...this bug is known.
>> So I want to use my HDD's I bought ...why should I set my SATA II
>> device to be SATA I.

And nope they don't work, no drive which with SATAII operate without
tweak on VIA Southbridges..SATA controller.
Hitachi,Samsung,WD

I refer to the article of heise.de
This article from heise.de is german sorry...but maybe you understand
what they wrote

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/62189

Haven't found a

> Please enable ATA_DEBUG and ATA_VERBOSE_DEBUG, and send me the output.

I tried that Jeff, but the base problem is on the low-level..
Like the one I ound with Sil3132.

> SATA II devices can be used on SATA I controllers just fine, with no
> need to tweak settings.
>
> Jeff

Michael

--