SubjectRe: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII
From
Lennart Sorensen schrieb:

>On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 01:20:56PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>

>>What specifically does not work, on VIA+AMD64 combination, under Linux?
>>
>>My Athlon64 with VIA chipset works great.
>>

>Mine does too. Asus A8V Deluxe. No problems so far. Everything on the
>board I have tried just works.

AMD X2 DualCore?

>Can't say my A7N8X-E Deluxe has any real issues either. I may only get
>ac97 audio level out of the nifty DSP, but I hardly use sound on the
>system anyhow, so I don't mind. forcedeth driver works for networking,
>sil3112a sata works with WD drives no problem, nvidia ide controller
>seems to work fine with dvd drives, firewire works, yukon sk98lin works

Yes, Marvell, Silicon Image no problem as they provide OpenSource drivers.
On a normal setup is nearly everything okay.

I hold up a hardware testlab to find b** *features* the specification
don't show/hold.
Things that can go scary for production usage - that's my job.

>too, usb is fine. No complaints from me.

USB works also great for all chipsets :-)

>Len Sorensen

Michael

--
Michael Thonke