    SubjectRe: Linux-2.6.13-rc6: aic7xxx testers please..
    Hello Michael!

    On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 02:37:20PM +0200, hunold@linuxtv.org wrote:
    > >I got the following OOPS from running "alevtd -F -d -v /dev/vbi0" with
    > >my Siemens-DVB-C on a Dual-i686-600. I'm able to reproduce this even
    > >running a 2.6.12-rc6 without the nvidia module tainting the kernel.
    >
    > So you're using the analog tuner of the card to watch analog cable tv and
    > want to decode teletext from the vbi, right?

    Yes.

    > Can you tell me the last kernel version that worked for you?

    Sorry, it never worked before: After accessing /dev/vbi the computer
    locked up after some time: no keyboard, only hard reset.
    Might be related to that it is a dual P3-600.
    I just tried it again yesterday to see if the situation with VBI
    improved with the updated which went into 2.6.13-rc6 compared to the
    situation half a year ago.

    > >kernel BUG at drivers/media/common/saa7146_video.c:741!
    >
    > 739 fmt = format_by_fourcc(dev,fh->video_fmt.pixelformat);
    > 740 /* we need to have a valid format set here */
    > 741 BUG_ON(NULL == fmt);
    >
    > This sanity check is failing. Apparently the software managed
    > to select a pixelformat that cannot be translated to a "saa7146 format".
    >
    > Puh, I wrote this long ago. ;-) IIRC this should not be possible (ie. the
    > driver should reject the unknown pixelformat in the configuring stage).

    alevtd is outputting some debug information, which I'll capture for you.

    > Did you update the alevt package? Perhaps it's now doing this differently
    > and it would fail with older kernels as well, which have worked before.

    alevtd is Debians 3.94-1

    > We will probably have to debug this on a very low level.

    Please feel free to contact my. Turn around might by long, since the PC
    with DVB is at home without internet access, which I only have at work.

    BYtE
    Philipp

    PS: Wir koennen auch Deutsch reden, nachdem wir die cc:-Liste reduziert
    haben.
    --
    / / (_)__ __ ____ __ Philipp Hahn