    SubjectRe: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII
    Lee Revell schrieb:

    >On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 09:09 +0200, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
    >>I want to buy a new system including
    >>motherboard with some Athlon64 CPU. I was told that nforce4 chipset is
    >>the "right" choice. However I'm using *only* Linux
    >Who told you that? Some Windows user?
    There is no other way to use a nearly good chipset for AMD64 cpus.
    Via's chipsets are really buggy not acceptable, so what else ULi/Ali who
    cares where to buy?
    Any hardware from them on european market..can't see them until yesterday.

    >It's common knowledge that Nvidia is not Linux friendly. Their business
    >is making hardware so people can play games on Windows.
    This is not correct, not everybody play games only on windows or only
    buy hardware for gaming..
    reasons please look at (1.)

    > Anything that
    >their lawyers think might have a 0.0001% chance of interfering with that
    >business model in the slightest bit will not happen.
    Mh so I should take my lawyer and say..hey NVidia cheated me..can't use
    there hardware completly under Linux but I bought it and can't use it
    *ironic off*

    Sum it up either use Intel and Intel Hardware or die on Linux...*frustrated*

    Greets & Best regards

    Michael Thonke
    IT-Systemintegrator /
    System- and Softwareanalyist

      Last update: 2005-08-11 17:32    [W:0.023 / U:0.120 seconds]