Subjectfcntl(F_GETLEASE) semantics??

Hi,
The LTP test fcntl23 is failing. It does, in essence,
fd = open(xxx, O_RDWR|O_CREAT, 0777);
if (fcntl(fd, F_SETLEASE, F_RDLCK) == -1)
fail;
fcntl always returns EAGAIN here. The manual page says that a read
lease causes notification when `another process' opens the file for
writing or truncates it. The kernel implements `any process'
(including the current one).

Which semantics are correct? Personally I think that what the kernel
implements is correct (you can't get a read lease unsless there are no
writers _at_ _all_)

--
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately, the political takes *forever*