SubjectRE: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

> > Ask NVIDIA. They are the only company that gives me -zero-
> > information on their SATA controllers.
>
> I thought of that.. *sigh*

NVIDIA won't be documenting nForce4 SATA controllers, so Linux NCQ
support for nForce4 is unlikely. I'm hoping this will change with
future products.

> > As such, there are -zero- plans for NCQ on NVIDIA
> controllers at this
> > time.
>
> Could it be possible to make reverse engeneering? I think they should
> work as the SATA-IO SATAII specification says.

The SATA-IO SATA-II specification says nothing about host controller
implementations. Intel documents a host controller implemetnation in
the AHCI specification which is becoming an industry standard, but
nForce4 SATA is not AHCI.

-Allen

  Last update: 2005-08-10 21:02    [W:0.242 / U:0.116 seconds]