SubjectRE: Unable to mount the SD card formatted using the DIGITAL CAMREA on Linux box
Dear all,

Below are my driver messages logged at initialization time & sfdisk call
time.

when module is initialized................

TIFM INFO | TI init Routine Invoked!
ReportMediaModel: ( SD card Details)
Size = 14 [MB]
mwCylinders = 450
mwHeadCount = 2
mwSectorsPerTrack = 32

When the ioctl is invoked through the "sfdisk -lV /dev/tfa0"

TIFM INFO | <tifm_ioctl> invoked!
TIFM INFO | dev no. [ 0 ] sock no. [ 0 ]
TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.cylinders = 450
TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.heads = 2
TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.sectors = 32
TIFM INFO | <GetGeometry_ioctl> geo.start = 0

This means that I am giving the proper details to the user program but
the sfdisk is printing it wrong (probably manipulation).

And when I try to mount ......

mount /dev/tfa0 /mnt
FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
Mount: you must specify the filesystem type

mount -tvfat /dev/tfa0 /mnt
FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
Mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bas superblock on /dev/tfa0,
or too many mounted file systems

I have gone through the mount.c code in order to understand where I am
exactly failing.
mount is failing in guess_fstype_and_mount() in do_mount_syscall after
issuing the mount sys call.
I am attaching the source code of mount functionality which may be on
some help to u in u8ndertaing why exactly its failing.

Regards,
Mukund Jampala

This
>>> makes this clean that my driver is supporting the partition devices
>>> (windows formatted SD). If both are partitioned where is the
difference?

>>> So, can someone please help me telling what else could be missing
that
>>> is creating this problem?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mukund Jampala

It
>>> if

>>> in
>>>

>> Cheers,
>> Dick Johnson
>> Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
>> Warning : 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.
>> .
>> I apologize for the following. I tried to kill it with the above dot
:

>> The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may
be
>privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of
>this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient
>is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
>Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by
>sending an email to DeliveryErrors@analogic.com - and destroy all
copies of
>this information, including any attachments, without reading or
disclosing
>them.
>>
>> Thank you.
>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe
linux-kernel"
>in
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>

>Cheers,
>Dick Johnson
>Penguin : Linux version 2.6.12 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
>Warning : 98.36% of all statistics are fiction.
>.
>I apologize for the following. I tried to kill it with the above dot :

>The information transmitted in this message is confidential and may be
>privileged. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of
>this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient
>is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
>Analogic Corporation immediately - by replying to this message or by
>sending an email to DeliveryErrors@analogic.com - and destroy all
copies of
>this information, including any attachments, without reading or
disclosing
>them.
>

>Thank you.
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

  Last update: 2005-08-01 13:39    [W:0.030 / U:0.472 seconds]