    SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc3-mm3
    On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 09:10 -0700, Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Richard Purdie wrote:
    >
    > > The system appears to be ok and boots happily to a console but if you
    > > load any graphical UI, the screen will blank and the process stops
    > > working (tested with opie and and xserver+GPE). You can kill -9 the
    > > process but you can't regain the console without a suspend/resume cycle
    > > which performs enough of a reset to get it back. chvt and the console
    > > switching keys don't respond.
    >
    > Is this related to the size of the process? Can you do a successful kernel
    > compile w/o X?

    Its an embedded device and lacks development tools to test that. I ran
    some programs which abuse malloc and the process would quite happily hit
    oom so it looks like something more is needed to trigger the bug...

    > > I tried the patch mentioned in http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/7/28/304 but it
    > > makes no difference.
    >
    > Yes that only helps if compilation fails and its alread in rc4-mm1 AFAIK.

    I thought that might be the case.

    Richard

      Last update: 2005-08-01 22:11    [W:4.151 / U:0.028 seconds]