    SubjectRe: Patch of a new driver for kernel 2.4.x that need review
    Hi Pekka,

    Pekka J Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
    > Hi Dmitry,

    > Pekka J Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
    > > > Enums, please.
    > > >

    > Dmitry Torokhov writes:
    > > But not here - it is a single constant, not a value of a distinct type.
    >
    > Fair enough, "static const int" would work here too. Defines should be
    > avoided because they allow you to override a value without ever noticing it.

    Would not this cause compiler to allocate memory for the constant?
    I suppose if GCC is really good it could eliminate allocation since
    nothing takes its address, but I am not sure.

    With #define you can be sure that it is just a constant expression.

    --
    Dmitry