SubjectRe: Patch of a new driver for kernel 2.4.x that need review
Hi Pekka,

Pekka J Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,

> Pekka J Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> > > Enums, please.
> > >

> Dmitry Torokhov writes:
> > But not here - it is a single constant, not a value of a distinct type.
>
> Fair enough, "static const int" would work here too. Defines should be
> avoided because they allow you to override a value without ever noticing it.

Would not this cause compiler to allocate memory for the constant?
I suppose if GCC is really good it could eliminate allocation since
nothing takes its address, but I am not sure.

With #define you can be sure that it is just a constant expression.

--
Dmitry