SubjectRe: revert yenta free_irq on suspend
Hi!

> > Please revert the yenta free_irq on suspend patch (below)
> > which went into 2.6.13-rc4 after 2.6.13-rc3-git9.
>
> Ok. Will do.

> And the ACPI people had better stop doing this crazy thing in the first
> place. There's really no point at all to freeing and re-requesting the
> interrupts, and the IRQ controller should just re-initialize itself
> instead.

Well, on some machines interrupts can change during suspend (or so I
was told). I did not like the ACPI change at one point, but it is very
wrong to revert PCMCIA fix without also fixing ACPI interpretter.

And it indeed seems that ACPI interpretter is hard to fix in the right
way.

Pavel
--
if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address