    SubjectRe: revert yenta free_irq on suspend

    > If an interrupt is screaming due to lack of initialization and gets turned
    > off, just make sure it gets re-enabled when it is being initialized.

    That still doesn't handle the case where a device has an interrupt
    handler on a shared IRQ and another device on the chain interrupts it
    after it has suspended its device,

    we need to either fix *for all drivers* (otherwise people sharing IRQs
    will have breakages that people not sharing them won't see ... )

    a) add request/free irq sets
    b) add code to the interrupt handlers to make sure we aren't in a
    powerdown state...

    I don't really mind which is the recommended one I'd just prefer we do
    it the same way everwhere... so I still believe the yenta_irq patch is
    correct if we are doing a, or if not we need to do b....

    Dave.

      Last update: 2005-08-01 02:03    [W:0.022 / U:60.868 seconds]