    SubjectRe: Heads up for distro folks: PCMCIA hotplug differences (Re: -rc4: arm broken?)

    > > > For the record -rc4 works fine on my Zaurus c760 (which is pxa255 based
    > > > rather than sa1100).
    > >
    > > It appears to work fine on Intel Assabet.
    > Let me qualify that, because it's not 100% fine due to the changes in
    > PCMCIA land.
    > Since PCMCIA cards are detected and drivers bound at boot time, we no
    > longer get hotplug events to setup networking for PCMCIA network cards
    > already inserted. Consequently, if you are relying on /sbin/hotplug to
    > setup your PCMCIA network card at boot time, triggered by the cardmgr
    > startup binding the driver, it won't happen.

    Does that mean that if CF is inserted during bootup, it will simply
    appear as /dev/hda after bootup, without need to run cardmgr?

    if you have sharp zaurus hardware you don't need... you know my address

      Last update: 2005-07-30 23:46    [W:0.045 / U:0.668 seconds]