SubjectRe: [Alsa-devel] Re: [2.6 patch] schedule obsolete OSS drivers for removal
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:52:45AM +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
> The problem is that nobody reported us mentioned problems. We have no
> bug-report regarding the AD1816A driver. Perhaps, it would be a good idea
> to add a notice to the help file and/or driver that the ALSA driver should
> be tested and bugs reported to the ALSA bug-tracking-system.

Although it wouldn't have helped with this driver, could you review the
currently 35 open ALSA bugs in the kernel Bugzilla [1]?

- Some might first require a question to the submitter whether the
problem is still present in recent kernels.
- Some might be problems in other parts of the kernel
(e.g. ACPI interrupt configuration problems).
- But some bugs might be bugs still present in recent ALSA.

The Gentoo people are using a pretty easy and nice way for forwarding
their bugs to the kernel Bugzilla, that would work the following way for
forwarding Bugs from the kernel Bugzilla to the ALSA BTS:
- open a new bug in the ALSA BTS:
- short description of the issue
- more information is at
- add a comment to the kernel Bugzilla (but leave the bug open):
this bug is now handled at the ALSA BTS at

You could also do this the other way round if e.g. a ACPI interrupt
configuration problem was reported to the ALSA BTS.

> Thanks,
> Jaroslav

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

  Last update: 2005-07-29 17:21    [W:0.212 / U:12.816 seconds]