    SubjectRe: Syncing single filesystem (slow USB writing)
    Date
    On Friday 29 July 2005 15:20, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@mail.ru> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > It's trivial to do in-kernel but no, I'm afraid there isn't a userspace
    > > > interface for this.
    > >
    > > apparently one should not ask such a question at 7 am. Any reason why
    > > BLKFLSBUF does not suite?
    >
    > That'll only write back data associated with /dev/hdXX (ie: filesystem
    > metadata) and not the data associated with all the files in the filesystem
    > which is mounted on /dev/hdXX.

    I am confused. BKLFLSBUF boils down to sync_inodes_sb for mounted device, and
    that appears to write out direty inode pages?

    What should be used for in-kernel implementation then? I was going to use the
    same frankly speaking :)

      Last update: 2005-07-29 13:48    [W:0.020 / U:29.672 seconds]