    SubjectRe: driver for Marvell 88E8053 PCI Express Gigabit LAN
    Hi Alexander,

    Alexander Fieroch wrote:
    > Alexander Fieroch wrote:
    > Oh, that driver is very old. Here is the latest one which is working
    > with the current kernel:
    > Could you please integrate it to the kernel?

    Syskonnect's latest changes to the sk98lin driver do not adhere to Linux
    coding standards -- they have basically crammed two drivers into one in an
    ugly fashion. It won't be included in the mainline kernel in this form.

    Part of sk98lin has been rewritten as skge (this supports the Yukon-based PCI
    adapters) which will be included in 2.6.13.

    In order to support the newer Yukon-II (PCI express) adapters in an acceptable
    fashion, a new driver will need to be written, skge-style. I don't think this
    is in development just yet. Perhaps you could try contacting
    Syskonnect/Marvell yourself to get them to help out developing a driver fit
    for inclusion.

      Last update: 2005-07-28 14:24    [W:0.026 / U:59.696 seconds]