SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] schedule obsolete OSS drivers for removal
Zach Brown <> wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > This patch schedules obsolete OSS drivers (with ALSA drivers that
> > support the same hardware) for removal.

> > I've Cc'ed the people listed in MAINTAINERS as being responsible for one
> > or more of these drivers, and I've also Cc'ed the ALSA people.

> I haven't touched the maestro drivers in so long (for near-total lack of
> docs, etc.) that I can't be considered authoritative for approving it's
> removal. If people are relying on it I certainly don't know who they
> are. In better news, Takashi should now have the pile of maestro
> hardware that I used in the first pass to help him maintain the ALSA
> driver..

The OSS maestro driver works better on my old Armada E500 laptop. I tried
ALSA after switching to 2.6, but the computer hung with or 2.6.10 if
I touched the volume buttons. With OSS they just work. The four separate
dsp devices also look kind of more useful.

  Last update: 2005-07-27 15:08    [W:0.362 / U:1.132 seconds]