    SubjectRe: MM kernels - how to keep on the bleeding edge?
    Michael Krufky <> wrote:
    > [ tracking mm stuff ]

    Sigh, sorry. It's hard. -mm is always in flux. I no longer send out the
    `patch was dropped' message because it disturbs people. The mm-commits
    list does not resend a patch when it is changed (other patches folded into
    it, rejects fixed, changelog updated, rediffed, etc). Sometimes I'll
    comment out a patch but not fully drop it. I pull all the git trees at
    least twice a day and that's not reflected on the mm-commits list either.

    You can always tell when a -mm release is coming by watching the shower of
    stupid compile fixes emerging :(

    I spose I could emit a broken-out.tar.gz file occasionally (it'd be up to 5
    times a day), but there's no guarantee that it'll compile, let alone run.
    I could also send a notification to mm-commits when I do so. Would that

      Last update: 2005-07-26 23:48    [W:0.033 / U:41.496 seconds]