    SubjectRe: Netlink connector
    Le lundi 25 juillet 2005 à 16:32 +0200, Patrick McHardy a écrit :
    > Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
    > > On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 02:02:10AM -0400, James Morris (jmorris@redhat.com) wrote:
    > If I understand correctly it tries to workaround some netlink
    > limitations (limited number of netlink families and multicast groups)
    > by sending everything to userspace and demultiplexing it there.
    > Same in the other direction, an additional layer on top of netlink
    > does basically the same thing netlink already does. This looks like
    > a step in the wrong direction to me, netlink should instead be fixed
    > to support what is needed.

    I totally agree with you, it could be great to fix netlink to support
    multiple queue.
    I like to be able to use projects like snort-inline or nufw together.
    This will make Netfilter really stronger.
    Furthermore, there's a repetition of filtering capabilities with such a
    solution. Netfilter has to filter to send to netlink and this is the
    same with the queue dispatcher. I think this introduce too much
    complexity.

    my 0.02$

    BR,
    --
    Éric Leblond, eleblond@inl.fr
    Téléphone : 01 44 89 46 40, Fax : 01 44 89 45 01