Subjectrelayfs as infrastructure, ltt, systemtap, diskstat
On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 01:01:32PM -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:
> Another vote in favor of relayfs here ...

At OLS the 'SystemTAP' idea was presented, which has been partially
implemented already, and it builds on relayfs as well. It dovetails nicely
with kprobes.

So it appears there is a sizeable amount of code which is building on
relayfs, iow, it is getting to be infrastructure.

I'm redoing diskstat to work with k/jprobes so it won't require a kernel
patch anymore, but it will still rely on relayfs.

So it would be tremendously helpful if relayfs would be part of the
mainline. I'll be banging out some HOWTO style documentation soonish.

-- Open source, database driven DNS Software Open and Closed source services

  Last update: 2005-07-22 22:39    [W:0.113 / U:4.104 seconds]