SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc3-mm1 (ckrm)
Paul Jackson wrote:
> Matthew wrote:
>>I don't see the large ifdefs you're referring to in -mm's
> Perhaps someone who knows CKRM better than I can explain why the CKRM
> version in some SuSE releases based on 2.6.5 kernels has substantial
> code and some large ifdef's in sched.c, but the CKRM in *-mm doesn't.
> Or perhaps I'm confused. There's a good chance that this represents
> ongoing improvements that CKRM is making to reduce their footprint
> in core kernel code. Or perhaps there is a more sophisticated cpu
> controller in the SuSE kernel.

As there is NO CKRM cpu controller in 2.6.13-rc3-mm1 (that I can see)
the one in 2.6.5 is certainly more sophisticated :-). So the reason
that the considerable mangling of sched.c evident in SuSE's 2.6.5 kernel
source is not present is that the cpu controller is not included in
these patches.

I imagine that the cpu controller is missing from this version of CKRM
because the bugs introduced to the cpu controller during upgrading from
2.6.5 to 2.6.10 version have not yet been resolved.

Peter Williams

-- Ambrose Bierce

  Last update: 2005-07-22 03:09    [W:0.094 / U:10.992 seconds]