SubjectRe: 2.6.13-rc3-mm1 (ckrm)
Paul Jackson wrote:

>Matthew wrote:
>Perhaps someone who knows CKRM better than I can explain why the CKRM
>version in some SuSE releases based on 2.6.5 kernels has substantial
>code and some large ifdef's in sched.c, but the CKRM in *-mm doesn't.
>Or perhaps I'm confused. There's a good chance that this represents
>ongoing improvements that CKRM is making to reduce their footprint
>in core kernel code. Or perhaps there is a more sophisticated cpu
>controller in the SuSE kernel.

No offense, but I really don't see why this matters at all ... the stuff
in -mm is what's under consideration for merging - what's in SuSE is
wholly irrelevant ? One obvious thing is that that codebase will be
much older ... would be useful if people can direct critiques at the
current codebase ;-)

  Last update: 2005-07-22 02:32    [W:0.177 / U:7.600 seconds]