SubjectRe: [RFD] FAT robustness
Hi!

> >[...]
> > Q3 : I'm not sure JBD can be used for FAT improvements. Do you
> >have any comments ?
>
> I might not be the best person to answer this, but this just seems so
> obvious:
>
> If you plan to let a recently hot-unplugged device to be used in another
> OS that doesn't understand your journaling extensions, your disk will be
> corrupted.

It will only be corrupted if you unplug it without unmounting, and it
will only be corrupted as much as non-journalling disk is. Plus, you
might intentionaly damage superblock signature on mount (an fix it on
clean umount) so that you force user to plug it back to journalling
system....
Pavel

--
teflon -- maybe it is a trademark, but it should not be.