    SubjectRe: how to be (SAFE) a kernel developer ?
    On 7/19/05, Brian O'Mahoney <omb@khandalf.com> wrote:

    > To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
    ^^^
    That's a bad habbit - makes it impossible to send a
    proper reply back to all the recipients. LKML is a public list, please
    use To: and CC: so it's possible to reply to the proper people, and
    don't trim the CC: list please.

    > Jesper Juhl wrote: ...
    >
    > much useful advice, almost all of which I agree with _BUT_
    >
    > please do NOT debug kernel mods on your 'main-box', where your
    > filesystems live. unless you like to live dangerously and make
    > perfect backups you don't mind spending lots of hours restoring,

    You are right. A sacrificial box or at least proper backups of any
    important stuff is important. I didn't write that since I figured it
    to be obvious, but I guess I should have spelled it out anyway. Thank
    you for making that bit clear :-)

    --
    Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>