    SubjectRe: RT and XFS
    From
    On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 09:16:55AM -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
    > I don't agree with that. But of course I'm always speaking from a real
    > time perspective . PI is expensive , but it won't always be. However, no
    > one is forcing PI on anyone, even if I think it's good ..

    It depends on what kind of PI under specific circumstances. In the general
    kernel, it's really to be avoided at all costs since it's masking a general
    contention problem at those places. In a formally provable worst case system
    using priority ceiling emulation and stuff, PI really valuable. How a system
    like the Linux kernel fits into that is a totally different story. General
    purpose kernels using general purpose facilities don't.

    That's how I see it.

    bill

      Last update: 2005-07-19 05:25    [W:0.022 / U:147.240 seconds]